Exploring the Magic City with your Furry Friend
Merritt Milam | February 29, 2016
Birmingham, Alabama offers pet parents boundless opportunities to embark on adventures with their furry friends. Whether it’s exploring a park, mingling with other pups or just grabbing a bite to eat, the Magic City boasts a wide range of attractions and restaurants ideal for the perfect puppy play date.
With ample amounts of outdoor seating, these Birmingham eateries are just a few great spots to enjoy the Magic City’s yummy food and drink scene with your furry friend.
• Avondale Brewery
• Babalu Tacos & Tapas
• Bruster’s Real Ice Cream
• Cahaba Brewing Company
• Carrigan’s Public House (allowed in the front and on the roof)
• Cantina Tortilla Grill
• Chez LuLu
• Good People Brewing Company
• Parkside Café
• Pepper Place Market
• Tip Top Grill
• The J. Clyde (in the uncovered outdoor seating only)
• Trim Tab Brewing
Places to Go
You’ll forget you’re in a city with Birmingham’s impressive array of trails and green space. Take a stroll through the fresh air with your fluffy pal and enjoy the slower side of the Magic City.
• Jemison Trail
• Oak Mountain State Park
• Railroad Park
• Red Mountain
• Ruffner Mountain
• Vulcan Park (not allowed in museum)
• Vulcan Trail
Don’t forget that your pup loves socializing just as much as you do! Get out and make some furry friends at one of these great dog parks.
• Fultondale Bark Park (separate areas for small and large dogs)
• Green Springs Dog Park (George Ward Park; fully fenced for off-leash play)
• Red Mountain Dog Park (six acres in Remy’s Dog Park, with three off-leash area – for small dogs, larger dogs and dogs with special needs)
• The Dog Park at Loch Haven (Hoover; off-leash fenced area for small and large dogs with obstacle courses, and a .4 mile walking track and recreation field)
• Veterans Park (Alabaster; separate areas for small and large dogs)
Birmingham is home to some serious dog-lovers! Join all the Fido fun at these dog-friendly events around town.
• The Exceptional Foundation’s Chili Cook-Off – March 5, 2016
• PAWS in the Garden – March 19, 2016 (enjoy a walk through Aldridge Gardens with your leashed pets)
• Mutt Strut – April 16, 2016 (sponsored by Hand in Paw; Birmingham’s premiere dog-friendly 5K and 1 mile fun run)
• Do Dah Day – May 13 – 14, 2016 (a music festival supporting Jefferson County animal shelters)
• Howl-o-ween Spooktacular at Avondale Brewing Company (hosted by Greater Birmingham Humane Society Auxiliary)
Know of other great pet-friendly places or events? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll add it to our list!